AlwahWDusur Toys — (Co-Founder)
MAY 2019 – PRESENT | eCommerce, manufacturing
[Alwah W Dusur] (E-Commerce shop to sell personalized handmade wooden toys that encourage open-ended play, and are manufactured from natural materials). My role is to handle all marketing and e-commerce operation pillars (content creation, digital marketing, CRM, media buying, partnerships, online sales, and store management).
- 15 to 25% monthly ROI.
- Achieved the breakeven point after 18 months of digital marketing techniques and organic content creation strategy.
- 80% of product sales through organic content marketing and unique CRM, 20% via media buying and promotions.
- +15K conversations of potential & actual leads (B2C & B2B) with 98% of customer satisfaction.
- Building up the online store from scratch with a low budget.
- Shoot the first 10 products indoor and outdoor to save cost.
- Designing the visual Co-Identity with all the BTL materials.
- Creating content marketing strategy and action plan based on the sales funnel.
- Produced many series of content that contributed to generate sales and increase engagement.
- Making a deal to get one of the best shipping agents in Egypt to ship our products.
Content Production & Marketing Manager,
SmarTech IT Solutions, SDN
JUNE 2016 -JULY 2019 | Software
[SmarTech IT Solutions] (Software house creates global digital publishing solutions of multimedia libraries for web & mobile). My role is to manage massive content projects (like eBooks libraries, audio and video libraries), leading a remotely-based content production team, handing on other tasks of business plus technical analysis or business writing.
- Managed and delivered +10 projects of massive content production for web platforms and mobile apps, in a timely delivery manner.
- Succeeded to train my team (7 members) (editors, typists, proofreading, translator, and g.designer) in 3 to 6 months to work on content creation, distribution, and digital marketing to build the company’s web presence and generated 2 sales leads.
- Writing detailed descriptions (in Ar & En) for +10 mobile apps on (Apple-Store & Google Play) based on well-designed visuals and ASO techniques, which raised them from 100K to 1M downloads.
- Made business analysis for +5 potential projects scratch.
- Documented a Q&A bank for the team by their coop to help them solve any technical issues they face during editing text, audio, or video to ease workflow.
- Wrote almost all business documents (B2B proposals and tenders) to sell the solutions, and finalizing or summarize the technical proposals into presentations.
Digital Marketing Manager,
InternsValley GmbH — (Co-Founder)
DEC 2015 -DEC 2017 | Recruiting
[InternsValley.com] (Matchmaking platform for tech startup companies in Germany to hire interns and trainees of students and fresh grades based in the MENA region to work remotely). Managing daily operational marketing team (8 members) which was working on data gathering, content writing, graphic and web design, social media marketing, PR and partnerships, and Talent acquisition management.
- Reached the financial break-even point within 2 years of digital marketing tactics with my team.
- Built the 1st version of a full platform on CMS from A to Z.
- Built a startup bank of +1000 companies includes the founder’s contact info in Egypt, UAE, and Germany.
- Built database of the most Influencer people of Entrepreneurship in Egypt, UAE & Germany.
- Database of common student activities clubs in 28 universities to reach out to university students.
- Made a deal with (enpact) to use their photos in our content materials.
- Partnered with (icecairo) to using their co-work space in the Greek campus for our team in charge of advantages packages.
Senior Content Creator,
Danat Ventures FZ LLC
JUNE 2015 – DEC 2015 | journalism
[Arqaam Digital] (Portal for Internet and technology news and reports in Arabic, to keep GULF internet users updated with an easy language). As a member of the editorial team, my role is to dig into the most global authorized technology resources, pick topics to translate into Arabic (Khaliji dialect), write informative reports, top 10 lists, and opinion articles, art directing them, and then formulating SEO keywords and phrases to push them forward.
- Built a bulk of green content (+100 technology reports and opinion articles; Examples here) optimized for SEO, which contributed to growth hacking strategy and contributed to raising “Argaam Digital” platform rank and authority 3 times to top search results among Arabic tech news portals.
Content Creation Manager,
NetKnowLogy — (Co-Founder)
DEC 2013 – JUNE 2015 | eLearning
[NetKnowLogy] (Internet literacy and app reviewing portal help Arab new internet users get the most value out of the web in work, learning, starting a business, or being tech-savvy). Managing a team of 4 content writers to produce info-based articles, social media posts (as usage tips & tricks), and best web app reviews. Writing technical guides and articles based on information research, designing materials & developing content for on-ground workshops.
- Co-generated content of articles and guides with my team (3 members) that one of them was rated at 1st Arabic search results related to getting a job & freelancing. Here is a sample: (netknowlogy)
- Co-designed the graphic identity and the user journey on the website with the CTO.
- Initiated partnership to build (native ads-based content) for (Hsoub) network as the first revenue stream.
- The platform honored ITU 3rd place prize for best Arabic digital content platform that adds value to Arabian users.
- Used email marketing to spread the word among the (web apps) owners, to share that their products were highlighted on netknowlogy.
- Hold offline workshops about online advanced research for getting authorized information.
- The project was selected in the (Mowgli) mentorship program for startups in 2015.
Content & Community Manager,
Istebdaa’ Consulting & Services LLC
MARCH 2013 – DEC 2013 | crowdfunding, Innovation
[Yomken.com] (Open innovation Think-Tank and Crowdfunding platform to support Arab youth innovative products and solve Egyptian craftsmen's challenges via low-tech solutions). As a part of a start-up, I play many roles of a digital marketer through content creation for website and social media channels, distributing content, PR, and Ads management, with the aid of 2 interns (Graphic Designer, Content Creator and Social Media Marketer).
- Created Co-Identity and unique voice tone of the brand.
- Developed all content creation types for web and social media, in co-op with 2 interns.
- Applied growth-hacking techniques for content distribution that raised as 1st Google search results about (crowdfunding & Open Innovation platform in MENA).
- Initiated and designed a “participatory marketing campaign” for social media with other 5 partners helped Yomken expand 3 times online.
- Created research-based infographic, was a seed of this kind of content that most engaging.
- Co-Building a database and community of innovators to contribute to solving challenges on the platform.
Acceleration Program Coordinator,
(Innoventures) — Internship
MARCH 2013 – DEC 2013 | Venture Capital Firm, Tech Accelerator
[Innoventures] (is a venture capital firm and incubator of technology-based startup businesses in Egypt, Africa, and the Middle East. Was the main partner in Ebda's “Start with Google” entrepreneurship program). I was responsible for preparing to launch a new acceleration program in cooperation with one of the main universities in Egypt to push forward students' ideas which are related to engineering & technology, to transform their innovative ideas into real successful businesses.
- Set a full strategy, scope, and timeline of the acceleration program (including potential partners, sponsors, participants, and awards) to make the best effective learning experience, mentorship, and capacity-building journey.
Content Developer & Operations Officer,
Internet Life Initiative
JAN 2009 – DEC 2012 | eLearning
[Internet Life] (Educational social enterprise supports college students to utilize web and social media in a professional career path via digital literacy webinars and on-ground workshops). My role is to create content for the website (by articles, tips & tricks posts), develop workshops content and materials, send a weekly newsletter, manage google ads, initiating partnerships with other entities to expand, and leading 2 interns of (content creation and operations).
- Co-created content for +5 workshops (e.g.: getting a job through online research, social media management, and marketing, scientific online research, like Internet Life). Around 50+ attendees per workshop.
- Created content for the platform as blogs around MOOC learning and it boomed on social media and was the most highlighted on Google search engine.
- Built partnerships with B2B (like Microsoft Egypt, Alef Bookstores, Zedny) and B2G (e.g: Ministry of Youth) to sponsor our activities.
- Partnership with instructors to co-build interactive and work experience-based knowledge sharing.
Graphic Designer & CopyWriter,
JAN 2008 – DEC 2014 | Creative and Marketing Communication
- Building full corporate Identity, designed different types of BTL activities “brochures, flyers, and magazines… etc.”, in addition to photography, product styling, video shooting, and editing. Examples, here.